For real, though - I feel like I need to reintroduce myself. Thanks for sticking with me and reading, regardless of how often I hold up my end of the deal!
Lots of good things have been happening here:
- graduation parties for students I student taught 3 years ago
- acquiring new responsibilities and/or students at both work places
- purchasing an iPhone 5 after going 4+ years without upgrading my non-smart phone (I'd been avoiding the switch, but was in the market for a new camera, as well as an iPod, so just went the smartphone route...got a free case and car charger out of the deal, too! You know how I feel about freebies... ☺)
- whirlwind Memorial Day weekend, including wedding dress shopping with/for BFF from college in Norfolk, a visit from best friend from Topeka (shopping, Starbucks, painting nails, quality time with family and friends, etc.) and a visit from my super great brother (movie, iPhone orientation for both of us, day at the zoo and building Legos with the kids I nanny for, and Charlie time)
- trips to the farmer's market
- hosting (and performing in) concerts for work
Sweet kiddo story:
The now-6-yr.-old I nanny for occasionally has things to share with me about various TV shows - specifically River Monsters - and always wonders if I've watched them, too. I've had to remind him a few times that I can't watch most of the shows he talks about, because I don't have cable at my house. The last few times I've told him this, he's said very matter-of-factly, "We have a million cables that would work on your TV - you could have one! What's your TV look like?" I told him, and he said, "Oh yeah, we have one that would work on that...they're pretty much new and just laying around." I didn't have the heart to tell him it doesn't really work that way. ☺
I hope this finds you all well and you survived the recent storms and crazy weather. Praise the Lord for the rain, but praying He blesses and comforts all who have been affected negatively by the it all.
Finally enjoying skirt and flip-flop weather,